Trickling Springs Creamery is excited to introduce FarmFriend as the rebrand of our Trickling Springs Natural milk line.
Our goal is to bring you fresh, grass fed milk from local family farms that are doing an exceptional job of producing quality milk. FarmFriend will bring you closer to those farmers by highlighting their farms and showing you what they’re doing. We are bottling milk from farmers you can learn to know by “visiting” their farms online. These farms hold to high standards in the following areas: Environmental stewardship of their ecosystems, Humane animal treatment as well as Safe and fair working conditions for their employees! They also have a very strict set of milk quality guidelines (up to four times more strict than federal guidelines*).
*as measured by SCC & SPC counts
Trickling Springs Creamery’s goal is to highlight this great milk that our farmers bring us and not destroy its integrity! When we receive the milk from our farmers we minimally process it using low-temp pasteurization and simple ingredients.
To see a list of Food Alliance’s required standards click on their logo to the right:
Here are the standards we guarantee as a minimum for FarmFriend products:
- No comingled milk – all of the milk comes from FarmFriend farmers, identifiable inspected farms
- Traceability & Transparency
- Environmental stewardship of the farms ecosystem
- Humane Animal treatment
- Cows are grass fed have free access to pasture year round. We allow minimal use of grain to balance the cows diet for their body condition. The amount of grain used is restricted so it will not be used to boost the cows production.
- NO rBST or other synthetic hormones given to any of our animals
- Antibiotic use is rare, only when necessary to return a sick animal back to full health; if used the milk is always discarded for a length of time that exceeds the minimum guidelines set by the FDA
- Locally produced & processed
- Low-temp pasteurization
- No artificial flavors or colors
- Worker welfare at all stages in the chain
Until then follow us on our FarmFriend facebook page!